Sunday 14 April 2013

Recent Roundup (Part1)

I fell like I've just come out of a hibernation and like I missed the last 12 months somewhere. It's probably down to last year's weather but the first few nice days of this year have really woken me up.

I though I'd share a few of the photos I've taken so far this year.

This was the view up the Conwy estuary last week. I couldn't tear myself away!

I caught these Mute Swans were flying upstream.

Great Crested Grebes shake their heads and dance when courting. It's a fascinating thing to see.






It's the time of year when even in birds, hormone levels rise and displays of aggression become common. I never thought I'd see a Canada Goose attack a Swan though.

The geese spent more time fighting amongst themselves. 

It's also the time of year when birds look their smartest, again in the hope of attracting a mate. Lapwings are a fine example.


Away from the reserve, I've been keeping an eye on some Grey Wagtails on a local stream





No comments:

Post a Comment